Join the artivist academy and find out how to organise effective events and campaigns
Can you imagine how art can radically engage with politics? Would you like to run an event as part of next years’ Imagine! Festival? If so, sign up for this free and unique training programme designed to give people the skills and confidence to run their first campaign or event. Imagine! Belfast is organising a two-day capacity-building course in Belfast during 18th/19th May 2019 for people who want to develop their campaigning and event management skills. As a follow up, attendees will be supported to organise their own campaigns and submit an event for inclusion in the Imagine! Belfast 2020 festival.
The programme of skills development will cover:
- Campaigning skills
- Effective event management
- Marketing skills including the use of social media
- Equality, diversity and good relations training
- Facilitating political discussion skills
The aims for the event are to provide opportunities for people to:
- Learn more about planning and delivering campaigns and events.
- Gain inspiration from established campaigners and event organisers.
- Network and learn from other campaigners and groups in Ireland, the UK and beyond.
By the end of the event, attendees will have learned and practised new skills with the aim of using these to organise their own campaigns and events. We are particularly interested in supporting artists and performers who are new to event management and less experienced campaigners. If you are interested please fully compete the form below and return to us by 5pm on 12th April 2019. Age 18+.